YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DIRECTIVE (EU) 2015/2302
- The travelers receive all essential information about the package before the finalization of the package travel contract.
- At least one contractor is always liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
- Travelers will be provided with an emergency telephone number or details of a contact number where they can get in touch with the tour operator or travel agent.
- The travelers can transfer the package tour – within a reasonable time and possibly at additional cost – to another person.
- The price of the package may be increased only if certain costs (for example, fuel prices) increase and if this is expressly provided for in the contract, and in any case no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveler may withdraw from the contract. If a tour operator reserves the right to increase the price, the traveler has the right to reduce the price if the corresponding costs decrease.
- Travelers may withdraw from the contract without paying a withdrawal fee and receive a full refund of all payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, is significantly changed. If the operator responsible for the package cancels the package before the start of the package, travelers are entitled to a refund and, under certain circumstances, compensation.
- Travelers may withdraw from the contract without paying a withdrawal fee if extraordinary circumstances arise before the start of the package tour, for example, if there are serious security problems at the destination that are likely to affect the package tour.
- In addition, travelers may withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the package tour upon payment of a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
- If, after the start of the package tour, essential components of the package tour cannot be carried out as agreed upon, reasonable other arrangements shall be offered to the traveler at no additional cost. The traveler may withdraw from the contract without paying a withdrawal fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called “cancellation”) if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this has a significant impact on the provision of the contractual package tour services and the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
- The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly.
- The tour operator shall provide assistance to the traveler if the latter is in difficulty.
- In the event of bankruptcy of the tour operator or, in some Member States, the travel agent, payments are refunded. If the bankruptcy of the tour operator or, if relevant, the travel agent occurs after the start of the package tour and the transportation is part of the package tour, the return transportation of the passengers shall be guaranteed. Appartment House SI Betriebs GmbH has concluded an insolvency insurance policy with R+V Allgemeine Versicherung AG. Travelers may contact this institution or, if applicable, the competent authority (R+V Allgemeine Versicherung AG, Raiffeisenplatz 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, phone: +49 611 533-5859, email@example.com) if they are denied services due to the insolvency of Appartment House SI Betriebs GmbH.
Directive (EU) 2015/2302 as transposed into national law.